Victor D. Brenner designed the Lincoln Head Cent. It was issued in 1909 to commemorate the 100th birthday of Abraham Lincoln. The Lincoln Head Cent was the first one cent coin to include the motto, IN GOD WE TRUST. The Lincoln Head Cent with wheat ears reverse was produced through 1958. In 1959, the reverse of the Lincoln Head Cent was changed to feature the Lincoln Memorial Building. Designed by Frank Gasparro, the new design Lincoln Head Cent was introduced on the 150th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln’s birth.