The Capped Bust Quarter was first produced 1815 after halting quarter production in 1807. The Capped Bust Quarter was minted in two size varieties. The first, large diameter (27 mm) from 1815 through 1828 and was designed by John Reich. All were minted at the Philadelphia mint. The second size variety of the Capped Bust Quarter was produced beginning in 1831 through 1838 with a reduced diameter (24.3 mm), also with the motto removed and was designed by William Kneass. Again all were coined at the Philadelphia Mint. All Capped Bust Quarter dollars are difficult to locate in nice Mint State conditions.